Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh, all the Adventures!

      It's so hard to keep all of you caught up with what goes on with me.  Every day is a new adventure!!  I had my friend Aidani come over the other night and teach us girls how to make Chipate.   OH MAN...  It takes do long to make its crazy!!   Chirssy is the one in the light blue and Annkia is in the dark blue and Aidan is the other one.   It was so much fun though.  It is one of my favorite foods over here.   I had a dream the other night that I was eating at Chipotle. Oh man.  I miss Chipotle!!  Anyways..... The light in the kitchen wasn't woring so we had to borrow one of the boys lamps.  it was an interesting night, but TIA ( This Is Africa).  TIA is a phrase that we all use on a daily basis.  You never know what will happen here or what to expect.  You really have no choice but to go with the flow.  Hakuna Matata ( no worries)  It real;ly laid back here  too.  When I was gone for a week sick I think the only people that noticed that I was gone was teh student's.  When I told the Deputy Provost that i would be gone for a whole week because I was sick all he said was Pole Sana (Very Sorry).  He didn't care that I was gone.  lol  it's amazing.       ( the other pic is me in my room)
    The Theology of Diploma class has a really hard time understanding me.  They just kind of look at me like deer in the head lights.  Now, I think that they are starting to catch on and are more comfortable talking in class.  The other class is the Bachlor of Divinity students and they sometimes don't understand.  The nice thing with them though is they will tell me if I'm talking too fast or ask me to explain something diferently.  It's good because I want them to understand, but if they don't tell me their confused about something I can't help them. 
      My Paca Pepo.   I got a cat (paca) and I named her Pepo (Heaven).   I got her last night.  My friend Aidan got her for me.  Last night all she did was hide, but she did eat a little.    She hid in one of my suitcases.  When I put my hand in there to pet her she didn't mind.  She even purred a lot.     The Mama or the house keeper is nervous about me having a cat. I think that she is worried that it will destroy something.  Well, the floor is cement and there is not ich that she could wreck.  Lol  Lol It's not a for sure thing that I will be able to keep her.  I need to as the General Secritary for permission.  I have been trying to talk to him for the past fewdays but he is away or in a meeting.  Then all of a sudden Aidan called me and said I found you a cat and I'm waiting out by the gate for you.  So, I had every intention to ask permission prior to getting the cat, but it just didn't work out like that.  lol lol  Hakuna Matata? lol  lol  :-)   Oh and I might have my own chicken soon.  Annika ( one of the German Girls wants to build a chicken coop, so hat she can hae her own eggs.  Well, I might keep a chicken in there also.  I wouldn't mind having my own eggs!! There not that expensive over here.  They are about 15 cents per egg.
  Ya, that is what has been going on with me in the last couple days.   I found out yesterday that my best friend Lindsey will be flying out here around December 13.  SHe will be out here till around the 9th of January.  It will be great!  We can celebrate Christmas together!! I'm very Excited!! 
   Well, I better get going!  I hope you all are well and God Bless!
  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my dearest JC! How I miss you! I am glad that you are well now and things are fun for you. Things here are fine. Same ol' Minnesota! The leaves are beautiful now - shall send you a picture!

love ya
jen