Monday, October 13, 2008

My recent outtings and news

Hello all!   Last night a Ssuth African guy that is moving to Iringa for work had a bbq.  Oh man, It was so good!  He had porkchops and some sort of special South African sassage.  It was soo good!  It was me, the finnish couple that work at Tumaini, Eero, Juho, Ross, 2 other finnish students, one other prof and Pieter for South Africa.  It was a really fun night.  We just sat around and talked. 
  I found out that the readon the DIRA mama didin't want me to have a cat is because she is scared of them. When I left to go to the University this morning I had o lock my cat in Chrissy's room.  Ya, then the ct got out and I was really worried that she owulod run off, but I caught her.  The poor thing was just getting comfortable being in my room.  
   I went to the market today.  I love going to the market!  You never know what will happen or what you will see.  I bought a small wash tub to but sand in for the Pepo (the cat).  I also had run out of bread.  Lol I also had to pick up some hotdogs.  They wern't great, but they did the job.  Ya, my comfort food here is peanut butter jelly or peanut butter banana sandwiches.  I have been stock pileing foods that are easy to make and good.  My next adventure will be making egg salad sanwiches and I am really excited out it!!   
   I am learning alot here.  I am now talking Swahili classes and they are going good!!  I'm slowly picking things up. 
I went to Kiehesa Church (St. Marks partner congregation) on Sunday with Chrissy and it was really fun.  It was children's sunday.  The whole service was mosly singing.  I really enjoyed it!  I hope to get out to Wasa (Fish Lake's partner congregation) some time soon!  The problem is that it costs alot of money and I really can't afford it.  I have been living really simply here.  I don't buy anything that I don't need.  The only real thing that I sepend my money on is food.   Well, I hope you all are well!  I better get back to correcting papers. 
God Bless,

JC
P.S. The four pictures are of my room, Lindsey, Becky and I at the Airport saying goodbye to eachother, and the other two are pictures of Iringa from Gangelonga rock. 

No comments: