Friday, October 3, 2008

Hey

Hey all!  It's been a while!  I have been sick and I spent about a week in Dar to get better.   Even though I was not feeling well I had a great time!  I stayed with a family friend Pastor Muro and his family.  They are so great!  I hung out with teh kids and watched Disney movies!  It was really relaxing!  Then when I recovered I made my way back to Iringa.  It was actually very comforting to be back home in Iringa.  My neighbors were really worried about me and had a plate of spaghetti waiting from me when I got back on Wednesday night.   Well there was no school on Thursday or Wednesday because it was the end of Ramadan.  Today, I just got out of a class and am now sitting in my office. I was sharring an office, but the guy was really creepy and kept hitting on me.  Ya......    Anyways, becides being sick I have been having a great time!  I'm getting to know my neighbors.  They are all relly great!   The Finnish boys Jhul and Eero are so funny!   Some times they will argue in Finnish and we all just thing it hillarious!!  lol lol  Chrissy and Annika are from Germany and last but not least Ross is actually from Madison, Wisconsin!  We all get along very well.  We take turn cooking for eachother.  I started by makeing an African dish that has chicken in a special gravy that you pour over the rice.  It was really good.  When I decided to make that for everyone I had no idea how much "preperation" would go in!   I bought chicken....it was alive when I bought it.  I went shopping with Adam.  He is a natve that lives by us and he always comes over, hangs out and, helps us.   Well, he killed the chicken for me and we plucked it together and he showed me the best way to cut it.   It was a very educational dinner!  I even ate parts that we don't use in the US.  Let me tell you that you guys are missin out!!!
Well I better sign off for now.  Hope all is well with you all!
God Bless!
 

No comments: