Friday, October 24, 2008

My Future Husband


So I was at Tumainis Graduation ceremony. I ran it to an old friend. This is Benedict. I met him two years ago when I was here. He was the first person to teach me a little Kiswahili, but the only words he taught me were love, beautiful, marriage, and how to say I'm single. lol lol Well, when I came here in September I was wondering if I would run in to him. I did at graduation. He has his degree in Theology of Diploma. He has his own congregation now. It's by Arusha. I guess it's like 13 hours away. Well I was really happy to see him and I was surprised that he recognized me. Well, he wanted to get together and catch up on each others lives so I agreed.
Well we went out to Lulu's a cool place in Iringa. I was suddenly bombarded with questions..... are you married, are you single, why aren't you married, do you think you could live in Tanzania? He said that he was so happy that God brought us together again. I was feeling a little uncomfortable., but I just ignored it. Then when dinner was over I wanted to meet up with Ross, Eero and Juho. Well we said goodbye and he kissed me twice on the neck.
I told mom about it and she said that it was just an African thing......FALSE.
Sorry mom your wrong :-) I asked the mama at dira and she said that it means that he loves me. He left to go back to his congregation on Tuesday and I have already gotten a text from him every day ever since.
Don't tell any Africans this other wise I'll have to beat them off with a stick, but its not that I couldn't marry an African, but I just don't have those feeling for him. If your African and you marry a white person it's like a position of status. Your a big potato (big deal) if you marry a white person. The two most common questions I'm asked over here is are you married and why aren't you married. Even Pastor Muro was teasing me about being so old and not being married. I just tell them that there are a lot of things that I need to accomplish before I even think about marriage.
Well, that's the news of my life lately.
Hope all of you are doing well in the States!
-JC

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This was my favorite! Between Adan and Benedict you could have a harem! I can't wait to come over and share in your adventures!!!