Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A mouse in my appartment!!

I am doing good! I taught both classes yeaterday and it was great!! I'm really starting to settle in. The only big problem that I have had at Tumaini is to them communication studies is teaching English. They expect me to teach the students grammer. Well, I talked to them and I'm going to help them with their grammer but, not teach it. I am going other things though that will help them broaden their English vocab.

There was a mouse in my appartment the other day. I was wating a movie with teh Finnish guys and I went to my room to get some water and there it was. LOL I then went back to the Juho and Eero's room ( the Finnish guys) And asked them to help me. I felt really bad because they both were a little sick with Malaria. But they said that they wanted to help. So, they spent about 20 min chasing the mouse around my room. It was so funny, especially because they were running back and forth under my underware that I had hung to dry. lol lol well eventually they chased it out of my room. Well then I really didn't want to hang in my room alone. SO I was going to watch the movie with them, but then I realized it was a bad idea for me to be in a room with two guys that have malaria. lol
Last Saturday I met up with all the wazungu (white people) in the area. It was so fun! I played Volleyball with them for about 3 hours. I guess they get together every Saturday! They usually meet at the Dutch families house. This last Saturday they met by the River Camp. It was cool. Bo the Bega kwa Bega worker, Brian a teacher at Tumaini and I all went. We parked at the river camp and walked to where everyone was. It was a beautiful walk. Then there was a clearig and all these wazungu. I did feel a little strange.
The house that the Dutch family live in is amazing. They have lived here for two generations and own a huge farm. They even own horses, ya they are rich!! The view form their front lawn is amazing!!! I was thinging.... Ya, I could live here the rest of my life...no problem! I love it here!!
Well, my driver will be here shortly! All of you take care!!!
God Bless!
Jen

No comments: