Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Up on the Mountian


The song that explains my experiences and my love for Tanzania and it's people is best described in Steven Curtis Chapman’s song

The Mountain

I’m wanna build a house up on the mountain. Way up high where the peaceful waters flow to quench my thirsty soul, up on the mountain. I can see for miles upon this mountain. Troubles seem so small they almost disappear; Lord I love it here, up on the mountain.

My faith is strength and my all that I see. You make it easy for me to believe, up on the mountain. Oh up on the mountain.

I would love to live upon this mountain and keep the pain of living life so far away, but I know I can’t stay up on the mountain.

I said I go Lord where ever you lead for where you are is where I most want to be and I can tell we are headed for the valley.

My faith is strength and my all that I see. So lord help me remember what you told me up on the mountain.

You bring me up here on the mountain for me to rest and learn and grow. I see the truth up on the mountain and I carry it to the world far below. So, as I go down to the valley knowing that you will go with me. This is my prayer Lord help me to remember what you have shown me, up on the mountain.

I cherish these times up on the mountain. I can leave this place because I know someday you will take me home to live forever up on the mountain.

No comments: